Clever Travel Gear For Babies To Preschoolers
There’s no such thing as traveling light when you travel with kids. So we value anything that allows us to carry less, carry smaller, carry lighter or that keeps the kids comfortable longer. Here are 10 products (and 1 service) that get get high marks for cleverness in our book. Let us know what you think of this travel gear for babies and toddlers.
10 Products For Easy Travel with Toddlers and Kids
1. Bubble Bum’s inflatable bubble bum is as portable as a booster seat can possibly be—and comes in two colors.
2. The first time we saw a Trunki suitcase at the airport we knew we had to have it. Kids can pull it by themselves or ride on top. Pack clothes for a weekend trip or activities for a long flight or car trip.
3. The FlyeBaby infant hammock for airplanes is one of those baby items you use for only a short time, but while you need it, it’s a lifesaver. In addition to providing a place to eat, sleep or play on a play, it attaches it to a chair for an improvised high chair.
4. It was a sad day when Tiny Traveler outgrew her CARES airplane harness. A simple strap that’s small enough to toss in your purse, it turns an airplane belt into a 5-point harness, eliminating the need to lug a car seat onboard for your toddler.
5. The Lay-n-Go toy tote comes in two sizes: the small one is ideal for bringing lose pieces like Legos, crayons or Doll accessories on a plane or to restaurants. The big one is your go-to tote for the beach, Grandma’s or a vacation house. Throw a bunch of toys into it and open it up to create a clean play space.
6. The nylon BobaAir baby carrier might not be quite as padded and cushy as other soft carriers but it’s easy to clean, weighs less than a pound and folds up into a tiny storage bag. For traveling with a small child it’s pretty darn handy.
7. If your toddler or preschooler has outgrown other carriers, try the PiggyBack frame carrier. A dad put a lot of thought into the design. It’s light weight and packs up easy but is meant to sturdy and comfortable, too. Great for hiking, city vacations and festivals.
8. As city moms, we’ve always admired Quinny strollers for their clever compact designs. The Yezz takes clever a step further by collapsing into a bundle compact enough to carry over your shoulder.
10. We love versatility. Natural Mat is meant to be a clean, organic sleeping mat you can lay on top of whatever strange crib or playard you wind up using while traveling. But it can also be a comfy place to nap on the go, or a clean place to put a baby down on the grass or floor.
11. And One Service: AAA membership: I routinely recommend it for family travel, even if you don’t own a car. Membership gets you a free car seat and other discounts from Hertz, as well as discounts on hotels rooms, activities and attractions. Then there are the handy maps and trip planning services (oh yeah, and roadside assistance).(Compare car rental rates at *CarRentals.com or *CheapOAir.)