Unique NYC Holiday Hotel Packages
For activities to go with these NYC hotel packages, see our At A Glance section.
There is nothing like visiting New York City at holiday time, when it seems like the entire world descends on Rockefeller Center, Macy’s and other gussied up city landmarks. The most budget-friendly way to visit the city is to rent an apartment or swap homes with a city dweller looking to get away from the holiday crowds. But New York City hotels put their best foot forward during the holidays with long-coated doormen, festooned lobbies and special events. If you can save up and make the most of the season’s hotel packages, a stay will be worth it.
Here are a few special offers that we think will make any family’s holiday visit especially merry and bright. We tried to include at least one for every budget. Maybe the ones that don’t quite fit yours will still inspire your city adventures.
Kick up your heels
1. The Loews Regency New York has a Radio City package that includes a room at the hotel, two orchestra seats or first mezzanine seats to the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City, with soda, popcorn and Rockette souvenirs. The package is for two but you can buy up to two additional tickets to the show and kids under two are free.
The hotel also has a 15-foot-tall Christmas tree, Hot Chocolate happy hour, carol performances every day in the lobby for the month of December.
Holidays on ice
2. Glide into your holiday vacation with the Conrad Hotel New York’s skate package. It includes a one night at the all-suite hotel, breakfast, and private one-hour skate lesson at The Rink at Brookfield Place (top) with former U.S. Olympic skaters Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov. Guests will leave with an Olympic branded drawstring backpack, gloves, hats and pins. The only downside: It’s priced for two; reach out to the hotel to find out how to add kids.
3. The Z Hotel NYC, just across the river in Queens, has a Making Memories package that includes breakfast and dinner for two in its ceLLar bar, ice skating at Rockefeller Center, a taxi to the rink and a flip book to take home. Adding kids to the skating part of the package is probably not a big deal.
Holiday shopping fun
4. The Wyndham New Yorker has an ongoing shop and stay Package that includes breakfast for two and a $50 gift card for nearby Macy’s, New York’s most famous store as far as Christmas shopping is concerned. (Check rates and availability on *Travelocity.)
5. The Omni Berkshire and Row NYC hotels are also offering shopping hotel packages shopping experience packages that include a $50 Bloomingdales gift card. Omni guests can meet with a personal shopper, and a 15% all-day coupon. Row guests will receive a duffle bag, VIP leather wallet and key chain.
Dolled up for the Holidays
6. American Girl Place off of Rockefeller Center offers several special holiday events this month where girls can attend popular holidays shows with their dolls (and a parent) and then dine at the American Girl café. If you are in New York City for one of these consider staying at one of six places that offer American Girl hotel packages, including a bed for your daughter’s doll to sleep in. The hotels, all in convenient midtown, include The Benjamin, Fifty NYC, Marriott Marquis Times Square, The , the Park Lane and the Omni Berkshire Place.
7. All winter long the Ritz-Carlton offers families an Indoor Campout Package. It includes a suite, a tent for two equipped with two sleeping bags, lantern, toy fire, a children’s book and a camping-themed chocolate treat. The best part for parents? You get to sleep in a bed.
Location, location, location
8. The Warwick New York Hotel has a family holiday package that includes buffet breakfast for four , milk and cookies on the night of arrival and late check-out. It’s not the jazziest offer but the Warwick is well located for everything you’ll want to do in the city at holiday time.
Pin in for later!
This blog is part of Weekend Travel Inspiration. Visit our partners: