Learning to Travel With Kids: Before we became parents, Rich and I traveled far and wide. Once Tiny Traveler came along we had a lot of questions. Could you take a child to Cambodia? or Peru? How young is too young for exotic inoculations? Do we have to go to Disney World? How do read or watch TV in a hotel room when your child is sleeping six inches away from you? And how do you keep a 1 or 3 or 5 or 8-year-old occupied in a way that engages you, too?
Seeking Good Answers: We looked around and found no answers, or not very ones. We talked to a lot of other parents and found they had the same frustration. While parents love great family vacations —the bonding, the photo ops, the memories— they dread the time and effort it takes planning them because it’s so hard to get their most basic questions answered.
Providing Better Answers: This is where FamiliesGo! comes in. We provide original, high-quality advice and information and we keep the unique needs of parents in mind at all times. We don’t crowdsource because we think this creates more work than help for parents, we don’t write about places our writers haven’t been to because we need to be on the ground to give parents truly useful advice. We create tools and posts based on what parents tell us they need.
Bringing Brands and Users Together: Then we connect our audience with quality consumer and travel brands that fit our users’ unique needs. We work with brands in a variety of ways. We can create custom content for you for our website and social platforms. How? We can also create content for your websites, blogs and publications. We can be your ambassador. We can manage or co-host your Twitter party or let you sponsor ours. Learn more about branded content, #MOMtravelchat, social engagement and more. Contact us:
Holiday Lettings by Trip Advisor Best 20 Family Travel Bloggers of 2016
Feed Spot: Top 100 Family Travel Blogs and Websites
The Nappy Bag Blog: Top Parenting Blogs That Rock The Web
FamiliesGo! is based in Brooklyn, NY
Meet the Founder:
Eileen Gunn is a veteran consumer and business journalist,
nervous fearless traveler and mom of one. She’s written a career-advice book that took lessons from extreme sports, climbed a volcano in the pitch black, gone kayaking in a typhoon, and most daring of all, launched a business. Eileen created FamiliesGo! to help parents more easily plan memorable vacations that both kids and adults will enjoy.
She’s written for Fortune, the Wall Street Journal, US News, Parents, Best Life, Reuters.com, TravelAge West, Orbitz, HuffPost and more. She has been quoted as a travel expert in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, CNN.com, ABCNews.com and many other places. Speaking engagements on travel topics include panel discussions at NABJ/NAHJ 2016 and the 2017 New York Times Travel Show and a solo talk at Brooklyn BabyFest.
Before her well-traveled daughter was 9 she’d been out of the country about a dozen times (plus twice in utero), hit 3 continents, taken 2 cruises, boarded several planes and taken countless car trips.
For more information on FamilesGo! and Eileen Gunn, please see our Media page.
- See our portfolio on Content.ly, too.
- See our ongoing contributions to RoamRight.
- Eileen has been a contributor at Hint Mama.
- Kids Are a Trip: Top 5 Family Friendly Things To Do in Edinburgh
- HuffPost How To Travel Long Term in Retirement
- Inspirock Blog New York City Weekend Itinerary for First Timers
- Inspirock Blog Planning A Trip to Williamsburg & Yorktown
- TravelAge West What to Expect From the Reopened Yorktown Museum
- Travel Age West How To Spend 5 Fun Days in Guadeloupe
- 1 Dad 1 Kid Eating in Edinburgh
- Walking On Travels Trailing Harry Potter in Edinburgh
- Journey To Scotland Be Sure To Visit These 4 Edinburgh Museums
- 100 Routes Across America Skiing — and Not Skiing — in Lake Placid, NY
- Road Trips for Families Exploring the Finger Lakes Region of NY State
- Kids Are A Trip: Favorite Things to Do In Munich With Kids
- Voice Boks: One Parent’s Hotel Wish List
- The Best Beach: New York City Area Beaches
- The NYU CAS Alumni Blog: 6 Things to Remember When Vacationing With Children: Advice from an Alum
- Knok.com: My Perfect Day in Brooklyn
- Parents.com: How to Introduce Art to Your Kids
- Parents.com: 7 Unique Playgrounds For Kids
- Learnvest: 6 Tricks to Save Time and Money Traveling With Kids
- Reuters: 5 spots where the dollar buys a great vacation
- Reuters: The new perks of first-class travel
- Reuters: VIP Travel Services: Are the Perks Worth the Cash?
- Learnvest: Chic Travel With a Small Child
- Learnvest: Is It Worth The Membership To A New Museum?
- Learnvest: The Best Ways To Dine Out With Small Children
- The Wall Street Journal: Acapulco: The Sequel
- The Street.com: Vacation Here Before Climate Change Sets In
- The Street.com: Best Spots for a ‘Green’ Vacation
- US News & World Report: Days of Wine and Roses
- Fortune: Garcon! Lager, S’il Vous Plait!