12 Fall Shoes & Boots For Moms Who Travel
Once we’ve settled into our back-to-school routine our family loves fall daytrips and weekend getaways. The crisp, cool air that finally rolls in is perfect for hiking, bike riding, touring a city or even taking a walk on the beach.
Sturdier shoes and cool boots are Autumn essentials for moms. Fall shoes need to be warmer and more weatherproof than the summer sandals you’re putting away. They need to be comfortable. And they need to look good whether your weekend takes you apple picking or exploring a city’s museums.
Here are a dozen pairs of women’s flats, sneakers and boots that we think are fun, good looking and easy to throw on for weekends of cool-weather fall fun with your kids.
12 Fall Shoes and Boots Moms Will Love
1. One of my favorite fall days is always the one where I ease into my tall zip-up boots for the first time.
I love they way they look keep my with a fall skirt or dress. But I throw them on under jeans, too.
These Melissa Button Back Zip have a low heel but will still make your legs look great. And Frye Boots last forever.
2. Born makes some of the most comfortable walking shoes around.
These rustic Trinculo ankle boots manage to up Born’s fashion cred without giving up a flexible, practical sole. You’ll throw these on to go to a football game or around the outdoor fire pit at your favorite fall resort.
3. I almost cried when I finally wore out the soles on my first pair of Blundstones after ten years of constant wear.
These 500s aren’t the most fashion-forward boots, but they will take you from fall hiking and leaf-raking on through winter snow and into spring’s rain and mud, keeping your feet warm, dry and happy.
4. This Blondo Villa Bootie comes in ten great colors and in leather, nubuck or sueade.
They are cut in way that will work with jeans, trousers and dresses. And they’re waterproof, which is hard to believe but true!
5. I love the slightly pointed toe and high-cut upper on this Lucky Brand Cahill loafer. They add style without sacrificing too much comfort so these shoes will work with jeans or slacks and even a skirt.
6. The soft leather unique colors and boot-inspired cut of the Free People Brady Slip-On make it look cozy and comfortable on a brisk fall day.
You’ll want to throw these on with a pair of jeans and head out for a morning at the local farmer’s market. Then afterward, who knows!
7. If you are loyal to clogs, try these Merrell Encore Kassie Buckle Slides. A low back keeps them fully on your foot, and a rubber sole means you can walk longer in them without your feet getting tired. And the deep fall colors are just fabulous.8
City Sneakers (That Go Country)
8. This Steve Madden Wedgiehigh top is made for the mom who wants the comfort of sneakers but also something that looks cooler than your average tennis shoe. The zip-up suede uppers and earthy colors will take you from pumpkin picking to wine tasting and back to town again.
9. One of the hardest things about cooler fall days might be giving up the lightweight Toms step-ins you wore all summer.
Just switch to the more autumnal Clemente. Its heavier canvas or corduroy look and a thicker sole are ideal for long days of walking and biking.
Functional, Fun Flats
10. Ballet flats are great for travel because they pack well and look good with almost everything. But they aren’t cut out for lots of walking.
I love Clarks’ Ayla Low because they have the look and packability of ballet flats with a sole that can stand up to lots of sightseeing, a day of apple picking and more. And they come in deep fall colors you don’t see everywhere.
11. The aptly named Munro Traveler falls somewhere between a ballet flat and a loafer. The Stretchy upper in blue or black will carry you from the work week to the weekend without losing a step in your style.
12. Millennial moms who like true ballet flats will love these Tory Burch Minnie Travel Ballet Flats for their fun colors and patterns and dressy touches that can go from day-time city fun to evening dinner and drinks.